Have you ever spent much time thinking about how to care for your toothbrush? Even though it’s a skill that we use every single day, very few individuals actually put forth the effort to really hone their skills and set up effective plans to ensure their toothbrush will function as intended. To help you out, here are a few tips to remember:
– Use a toothbrush that has soft bristles.
– Use a toothbrush that can easily reach all sides within your mouth.
– Replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months or earlier as necessary.
– Never share your toothbrush.
– Never let anyone else use your toothbrush.
– To avoid contamination, avoid storing your toothbrush with other toothbrushes or in a closed container.
– Store your toothbrush upright.
– If standard toothbrushes are too difficult to use, switch to an alternative such as an electric toothbrush.
– For additional oral health care tips and treatments, visit your dentist for oral exams, routine checkups, and professional cleanings.
If you require teeth and gum treatments in New Hartford, New York, Mecca Dental would love to assist you. For a thorough examination to determine which treatment will work best for you, you can set an appointment with Dr. Mecca by calling our dentist office at 315-235-3318. We look forward to making your smile shine!